Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow, again.






I love the snow, as my loyal blog readers know. And we're here once again, at Mammoth, and the snow is sublime. Fortunately Mammoth knows how to deal with snow. Last night more than a foot fell.

And I will admit to you right here and now, the only work with words that I've done is the editing I do for The ASJA Monthly. No working on my book, no writing. And sometimes not writing is exactly what's called for. So much of my life is taken up with words, and like you, sometimes I need a break. So I've been enjoying the snow with my son and in-laws, and knitting. My son calls me obsessed, and it's true.

So below you will see this morning's snowfall, and you'll also see the rubber ducky socks I just finished.

What do you do to take a break from writing--or do you never take a break?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great socks! I don't take a break from writing. It wakes me in the middle of the night. Last night it had me awake from 3:01-6:42AM. I showed it, I refused to get out of bed and use paper/pen. Instead, I listened to the ideas ping around in my head, then I counted backward from 100 (100 pencils to sharpen, 99 pencils to sharpen....) you get the idea, until I fell back to sleep. I'm sure in charge!

BJK