Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fat Tuesday





We're all Catholics around here and tomorrow is the first day of Lent, which will find us on a soup diet (except for Travis; he can eat all he wants) and no more sweets (or alcohol for me and Brian). Actually, Travis is giving up candy and soda but not all desserts. Lo que sea...... tonight, we're partying! Circus animal cookies, jelly beans, Milk Duds, white chocolate, and lots of Mardi Gras beads, wooo-hooo!

The books on the mantle have changed, too. From red (for Valentine's Day) to black, for the time of contemplation and quiet.

2 comments:

~jolene said...

Barbara & Crew,
I think it is so cool the way you 'embrace' the celebrations/holidays in your lives.

I zoomed in on your 'black' books..Italy Out of Hand! Far-out! I have read Paris Out of Hand, but not Italy..did you like it?

Anonymous said...

I love the "books as mood decor" idea. Wonderful.