Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Are you sitting down?





We're on vacation, in the desert, and Brian is finally reading my book, one year and eight months since it was published. I can prove it. Here are photographs.

Lest you get the wrong idea, he read many pages, many chapters over the years I was working on it, but after it was published, he says he didn't read it because he felt like he had already read it. I think he didn't read it because he was afraid of what he would find. Friends of his bought it and told him what they'd learned about him from reading my book.

I just asked him why was he reading it now and he said, "I don't want to be on the Internet."

Travis said, "Put that quote in!"

Ah, but when you're married to a writer, well, you don't have much choice. You're wherever your writer chum puts you.

No comments: