Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mystery writer Pat Guiver died

Pat Guiver, author of the Delilah Doolittle pet detective series that began in the late '90s, died a few days ago. She was from Surrey, England, and had a dry sense of humor and a great laugh. I was in a critique group (The Fictionaires) with her until a few years ago when I left the group. She was a wonderful critic and writer. I hadn't seen Pat in quite some time, but already I miss her presence on this earth. Here's a link to her obituary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Blog of Death has done a lovely write up about Pat Guiver. You should check it out. Hell, the writer of that blog might make a great addition to your radio show as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion. It's www.blogofdeath.com. I like the detail about Pat sending out a tea bag when she wrote a letter back to a fan. I didn't know that about her.